Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Another Loop Around the Sun


Yesterday on my birthday, Dan Green left this comment for me on Facebook, "Understand you completed another loop around the Sun. Here's hoping you continue to go in circles for many years more!"

I like the idea that another birthday is another loop around the Sun and I really like the idea of continuing to go in circles for many years more. Of course my birthday comes at the end of the year so I'm usually a little bit more introspective when it rolls around. In looking back at 2013 I have to say it has been a pretty good year. I took on some challenges that have been very rewarding.

The thing that has caused the biggest life change for me has been eating healthier and getting into an exercise program with an emphasis on weight bearing exercises. I blogged about the book Younger Next Year. I have not been totally faithful to it but what I adopted into my life has definitely made me feel younger.  

I might not ever be in another play but taking a part in one of the plays in San Miguel's Ten-Minute International Play Festival was a huge challenge. I came out of it feeling like I had proven something to myself. I don't know exactly what I proved but it was a great feeling to do something that I never expected to do. And I remembered all my lines which was a greater fear than stepping out on the stage.

The three-week trip I took to Europe was a turning point for me. It came in August a little more than a year after Ned died. A number of cultures make note of a year of morning for a loved one. You never forget them but there is something about the passage of a year of time and being able to move on. Somehow, returning from that trip was, for me,  a marker that gave me permission to move on.

So now, here it is New Year's Eve and in just about an hour we will ring in 2014. I wonder what 2014 will bring. Bring it on! I'm younger today than I was December 31, 2012.

I send my most heart felt wishes to all my readers that 2014 will be overflowing with family, friends, personal growth and a few good surprises just to make this loop around the Sun memorable.

I made the photo above yesterday at one of the Churches in SMA. Kind of a different take on Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. Happy birthday and New Year. I hope this years loop around the sun brings you nothing but joy, blessings and good health.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, after talking with an old friend yesterday, I'm really praying for good health. My friend and her husband are my age but both are in very poor health. With good health both joy and blessings are abundant.

      Delete
  2. Loops and circles. I like it. I look forward to another year of sharing your circular life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve, Thanks. Even since I started Reservations for One, I've wondered if I wanted to continue blogging but for some reason I'm looking forward to a blogging good year of writing and reading in 2014.

      Delete
  3. Billie, you looked a decade and a half younger than your stated age!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer, you are my favorite person in the whole wide world right now. I feel a decade and a half younger but I think the looking part is a bit of a stretch. Nevertheless, Thank you.

      Delete