Friday, October 18, 2013

The Vine


The fig ivy vine covers the long wall of the patio. And that is the only place I want it but it seems intent on moving on to the walls outside the living area and the guest bedroom wall as well. It has even managed to force its way on to one of the upstair bathroom windows.

Actually it makes a lovely lacey pattern when you look through the window. But it won't stop with being lacey. So in a few days Enrique will come with his second story ladders and hack it back to where it belongs.

I will be the victor in this battle....but only for a while. In a couple of months I'll look up and once again see the stealthy advance of the fig ivy.

7 comments:

  1. Love the photo and LOVE fig ivy. Lucky you............

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think hacking it stimulates it to grow. Any chance of re-directing it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, I'm afraid you are right but re-directing has already been done a few times. Now it is time to hack.

      Delete
  3. Nice shot. Vines,like leaf cutter ants, will always win out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think of it as the War Without End. I'm not giving up!

      Delete
  4. I believe that it wants to be seen by you, Bille. :D

    ReplyDelete