Friday, July 19, 2013

The Rainy Season


Rain. Rain almost everyday. This is good. San Miguel doesn't get a lot of rain fall so having rain on most days during the rainy season is very important to all the farmers and ranchers who live in the countryside. It is wonderful to watch the hillsides turn green. If this keeps up we should have a beautiful show of flowers in the campo during September.

Earlier I posted a picture of a sudden rain while I was in the Jardin. But I've also awoken during the night to hear nice steady raindrops falling on the tile roof of the portico. Oh, so lovely to listen for a bit and drift back off to sleep. Or stand at the window of the studio and watch the clouds roll in from over the mountains, then see the first drops splat on the cobblestones of the street. And if I come back in about 10 minutes I'll see the rainwater rushing downhill on the street. If the rain is really hard, it almost cascades over the cobblestones just as it passes my house.

I found this ivy plant all dewy with rain drops on one of my walks. I just stood there looking and enjoying the luscious saturated greens. Then I spent about 10 minutes looking through the viewfinder to isolate little rectangles of green. It is funny how taking the time to see little details can make my soul so happy.

2 comments:

  1. A happy soul is a step in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rain can bring peace, sometimes. We are in the rainy season, too, in Honduras. My flowers are thankful.

    ReplyDelete