Saturday, March 30, 2013

Night Colors



I went into the Centro on Thursday evening to see and photograph the Altars in the churches but before I could go to see the altars I had to go to a meeting. When I came out at 7:15 there were already long lines to get into the churches. Since I am so short, if I had stood in line and gone into the church all I would have been able to photograph is someone's  back. I was with a couple of friends so we walked around a bit then had dinner. Although it is difficult to get good images hand held at high ISOs, I love the color of things at night. Most of what I shot will not ever be seen but I like these two.

The minute I saw the incredible green curtains hanging in this doorway, I knew I had to shoot it. And who could possibly resist a beautiful sleeping baby with a rose turban. Dad was holding the baby so tenderly and the abuela was sitting by his side. I asked if it was okay to take a photograph. La abuela said okay. The light was a horrible orange color. It took a little adjustment in Lightroom to bring the image back to more neutral color.

6 comments:

  1. You are so talented that you find beauty everywhere! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Babs, as you well know there is beauty everywhere. It is a blessing to be able to see it. And you are another one who can see beauty in everything.

      Delete
  2. Both are keepers.

    Happy Easter, Billie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Steve. I probably try to print them. Sometimes the handheld, high ISO images don't print as well as I would like. And I hope you and your family have a wonderful Easter too.

      Delete
  3. I am so glad you are posting again. I have missed you. Love both of these photos. Jan in Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jan, I'm glad you are following me over to the new blog.

      Delete