Sunday, June 14, 2015

Locos in Colonia San Antonio

We have had some very strange people on the loose in Colonia San Antonio today. Some seem harmless but I'm not so sure about others.











My plan was to use my 70-200 mm zoom lens so I could get more blur in the background. Didn't work. Ok I could get the blur but that put me too far away from the subject and it was crowded so I was losing shots when people walked between us. So I put on the 24-70 zoom and used it wide open at 2.8 and most of the time at 24 mm. That way I was in close. For those of you who are wondering what the heck I'm talking about, don't worry about it. That is just the technical stuff you think about before you and the camera start having fun.

The Locos Parade has become gigantic. Now the staging area goes almost all the way to the Glorieta by the Mega the grocery store. But it is fun because everyone comes out dressed outrageously and ready to have fun. The people who come to watch are out early to get a good place, hopefully in the shade and most people bring coolers of drinks and umbrellas for shade and for catching the candy that the paraders throw. I even saw a few families who snagged a place to park a car and they were tailgating with tables, chairs and food. Also so saw lots of selfies being made. It is great family fun.

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful photos!!!! I loved seeing personal shots, instead of crowd scenes. Your technique was excellent.


    and it's so good to see a post from you. I check in almost every day. I hope you'll post again - maybe, sooner than 2 1/2 months. ; -)

    Lena James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lena, Thanks and it is nice to be missed. Hopefully my blog writing will be a little more regular in the future.

      Delete
  2. Very nice group of pictures. And I appreciate the technical info. Seems like it's very hard to get nice bokeh these days with modern lenses. Long ago, I had a film Voightlander camera with a 50 mm 1.8F lens that was not only sharp as a tack, but had a lovely bokeh fully open.

    Sadly, that was probably the last lens I had with such an effect. (Not including long telephotos, which have their own issues as you know.)

    Saludos,

    Kim G
    Boston, MA
    Where we really need to get out and take some shots.

    ReplyDelete