Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy 2015


That is me! December 30th is my birthday. I have been on the Party Circuit since Christmas but after welcoming the New Year last night, it is time to move on. A lot of wonderful things happened in 2014 but I am so excited about what is already on the calendar for this year.

First of all I'll still be working on my project in Port Aransas. Since last Spring so many things have happened that are more than just a coincidence or serendipity. I've met some very helpful people and doors have opened. One exciting thing that happened just this week is that I found out that a group of very creative photographers are meeting in Port Aransas at the same time I was planning to be there. I'll be joining them and I am sure it will be like a massive shot of creative energy. I have many things to follow up on and photographs to take but this project is bringing me great joy.

I've signed up for the San Miguel Writer's Conference. I've heard nothing but wonderful things from people who have gone and the schedule for this years conference includes amazing speakers and workshops. I can certainly use some help writing an introduction for the Port Aransas book but I'll also take some of the workshops about publishing. I'm hoping that some of the writing talent and creative energy of the people attending will rub off on me.

I am going to Sicily along with five other photographers. Great photography opportunities and great food.  And all of this is in the first half of 2015.

I also have some fitness goals that I will work on this year. Yes, I feel great but at my age I have to work on it so that I can do the things I want to do. I'm very optimistic about 2015. I think it is going to be a great year.

I wish all my readers robust health and many adventures in 2015.  

10 comments:

  1. You GO GIRL! Onward...............Great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to say it - you look fantastic.

    loulou bateau

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you didn't take it :) but it is a lovely picture.

    Keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look beautiful, glowing even! You are an inspiration and a great lesson in LIVING fully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone. While I appreciate your compliments, I don't feel comfortable with them either. As you know I live in San Miguel and I am surrounded by so many amazing women who are beautiful inside and out and they are active and creative. I do want to be considered one of them. But I don't feel "special" either. My friend Al Lanier of Rancho Santa Rita blog was my very talented photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry, Al's blog is Rancho Santa Clara.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday. You are looking as classy as you are.

    ReplyDelete