Tuesday, December 23, 2014

The Posada Across the Street


In the last post I was a little sad that I had not seen a neighborhood Posada. Oh, the Posada led by the San Antonio Church was wonderful but there is something very special to me when it is a grassroots event. Ask and ye shall receive.

Last night just as Carly and I were getting ready to go to bed, I heard singing in the street. We flew back to the upstairs studio to get the camera and when I looked out the window, there was the Posada knocking on the door across the street asking to come in. I was afraid that by the time I got the camera and got outside that they would have moved on so I decided to shoot from the window.

It was a good decision because just after I took this picture, the door opened and this was the house that gave Mary and Joseph room in the stable. The little house is about 10 feet wide but still all the people who had been in the street, maybe 75 or 100 people, followed Mary and Joseph into the house. I love the small bouquets. I love the candles. I love the kids lighting sparklers. I love the music. I love celebrating Christmas in such an intimate way. How blessed I am that it all happened in the street by my house.

4 comments:

  1. The photo choked me up. The child in the purple jacket looking at the candle. Oh my! Billie, it's so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Barbara it is touching. And I love that her Dad is letting her hold the candle. The little Posadas are so meaningful to me.

      Delete
  2. Great photo composition. The woman on the bottom left with the flowers has such a profound expression. It is deep...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andean, thanks. So glad you "see" the photograph.

      Delete